Congratulations!! You are engaged! You're now searching for a photographer to capture your love story.
There are many benefits of doing an engagement session. As photographers, engagement sessions are a wonderful way to help us get to know the couple before their big day in a relaxing environment. We are pretty sure you’ll have a lot of fun during the session, plus you will get a set of cool images that you can share with family and friends prior to your wedding day :)
Here are a few reasons why we think having an engagement session is a great idea!
· You will get to know your photographer
. Good opportunity to share how you met and also more about your vision for your wedding day
· Practice being comfortable in front of the camera. We have had feedback that some of our couples find it awkward taking photos, so the relaxing nature of the engagement sessions takes away some of those concerns while also giving you the opportunity to test out some of your ideas before the big day
· Use the photos for your save the date, website/Facebook page or stationery
· A great way to test your make up and hair for the big day
· Quality time together - why not make it a date night!
What to wear?
We recommend you wear clothes that are comfortable and fit your style and personality. Some of our couples choose to bring two outfits so you get more variety in the photos.
Let's talk about colours. We usually recommend sticking to a set of 3 complimentary colours in your outfits so you're coordinating, although not too "matchy-matchy". Solid colours are generally best and one of you can wear some pattern to mix things up.
Where is a good location to have my engagement session?
Are there any locations that have significant meaning to your relationship? Maybe a spot where your proposal took place, where you met, or perhaps where you went on your first date. Depending on distance, we can usually squeeze in two nearby locations during your engagement session.
We love shooting in golden hour (just before sunset) for that amazing light and as it starts to get dark this adds another element to your photos! Beaches and parks are popular with our couples.
If you are still on the fence don't take our word for it, scroll through to see some of our favourite engagement session portraits to get an idea of how we can tell your beautiful love story.
Ensure that you and your partner feel comfortable in front of the camera leading up to your big day and get a feel for what style you prefer.
Can be included in wedding packages for extra cost.
• Up to 1 hour coverage
• 30 edited images
• Online Gallery